Other parts of this series:
- Celebrating Banking Innovation
- CaixaBank’s Global Innovations
- Widiba’s Wonderful Machine: Award Winner for Customer Experience
- How NBG Eliminated Banking Lineups
- DBS Bank Goes Digital Only
- Sberbank’s Smart Management System Boosts Bank Performance
- KBC Uses Blockchain to Transform International Trades
- Ayudhya Grows Auto Loans With Music Videos
- How Santander’s Payments App Boosts Transparency and Speed
- Alior Uses AI to Revolutionize Customer Service
- Banco Original’s Product Development Trick
The Efma-Accenture Distribution and Marketing Innovation Awards give the industry the opportunity to evaluate and celebrate the most interesting and disruptive banking innovations. As we begin to prepare for the 2017 awards later this year, we’re looking back on the winners from last year.
The modern customer expects an experience that adapts to their needs, whether they are searching the internet for information or checking the balance of their bank account. That insight led Widiba to develop Widiba2020.
Widiba2020 dispenses with all online banking menus. Instead, after logging in customers see a single search bar where they type in what they want to do. The system uses big data and behavioral algorithms to find the requested information or complete the transaction. The system is so powerful that Widiba employees themselves use it to help customers. After some initial resistance to change, Widiba’s customers have embraced Widiba2020, with 80 percent using it four months after launch.
For shaping its tools around the needs of customers instead itself, Widiba collected the 2016 Efma-Accenture Distribution and Marketing Award for Customer Experience.
Come back next week when I’ll go over another winner from the 2016 awards. In the meantime, visit this page to learn more about last year’s winners.