Other parts of this series:
- Celebrating Banking Innovation
- CaixaBank’s Global Innovations
- Widiba’s Wonderful Machine: Award Winner for Customer Experience
- How NBG Eliminated Banking Lineups
- DBS Bank Goes Digital Only
- Sberbank’s Smart Management System Boosts Bank Performance
- KBC Uses Blockchain to Transform International Trades
- Ayudhya Grows Auto Loans With Music Videos
- How Santander’s Payments App Boosts Transparency and Speed
- Alior Uses AI to Revolutionize Customer Service
- Banco Original’s Product Development Trick
The Efma-Accenture Distribution and Marketing Innovation Awards give the industry the opportunity to evaluate and celebrate the most interesting and disruptive banking innovations. As we begin to prepare for the 2017 awards later this year, we’re looking back on the winners from last year.
CaixaBank won the Global Innovator category for its use of digital technology to drive change. It brought a number of innovative services to market in the last year, including the first mobile bank in Spain: imaginBank. CaixaBank also launched Mi imaginBank in Facebook, which lets customers manage their accounts within the popular social network. Other innovations include a service that gives customers immediate results to their credit card applications based on an online real-time credit score limit.
While CaixaBank does emphasize running at the forefront of the industry, surprisingly this is not what drives the bank’s innovations. As CaixaBank’s representatives put it themselves, the bank’s innovation model places customers at the heart of operations and aims to deliver the finest services. The bank sees its innovations as more than simply taking advantage of technology. Rather, they are reshaping the business around the needs of the customer.
Come back next week when I’ll go over another winner from the 2016 awards. In the meantime, visit this page to learn more about last year’s winners.